Highly recommended by Professional Property Investors.
Welcome to Residential Service Management Limited
The senior staff of RSM Ltd have together over 80 years experience in property lettings, management and block management. Our background is from local authority, housing association, private sector and the estate agency worlds.
The extensive services which we provide are tailored to the specific requirements of our clients through a specialised personal ‘one stop shop’ service.
We are now members of NALS - National Approved Letting Scheme - this is an accreditation scheme for lettings and management agents offering peace of mind to landlords and tenants knowing that they are dealing with a firm, which agrees to meet defined standards of customer service together with having in place the necessary systems and controls' to protect clients money.
The decision to choose a lettings agent that comes highly recommended is crucial to ensure your investment is protected.
Area of operation: Midlands to the Scottish border, both sides of the Pennines.
The housing staff at Residential Service Management Limited has each over 30 years experience managing a wide range of properties throughout the U.K. We are therefore able to offer our clients a “one stop shop” when it comes to property management. This encompasses block management and property letting, among our clients are private landlords as well as property companies
Our role in the lettings is
· Inspecting the property and advising on rental value.
· Arranging for all legally required safety checks and certificates.
· Compiling inventories at start and end of tenancy.
· Accompanied tenant viewing.
· Full tenant assessment, credit and reference checks for prospective tenants, using a specialised company.
· Contacting the local Council and utility companies to ensure that bills are transferred into tenants names.
· Inspecting the property during the tenancy on a regular basis.
· Arranging for the settlement of any insurance claims.
· Inspecting any necessary maintenance or repairs to the property and contents.
· Collecting the rents on a regular basis.
· Collect and hold bonds.
· Issuing monthly rental statements.
· Hold and monitor keys.
· Issue relevant notices on behalf of the landlord.
· Ensuring all utilities are settled before the tenants leave.
· Caretaking unoccupied property.
· Arranging and supervising any repair works.
· Rent reviews.
With each tenant, we will take up employers and bank references as well as a credit check. The tenancies will all be Assured Shorthold for a minimum of six months. On signing of the tenancy agreement the tenant will pay to us the first months rent together with a bond, equal to a month’s rent.
The future rent will then be collected by standing order/direct debit and paid into our client account and paid to you each month. Should the tenant experience any problems or repairs are required, the tenant will be asked to contact us direct.
Our fee is 10% of rents collected with a finder’s fee of £175.00 plus VAT – we pay for all tenancy agreements, dilapidation reports, photographs etc.
The extensive services which we provide are tailored to the specific requirements of each development, our aim is to care for your home by providing cost effective property management through our specialised personal service. We take the responsibility for the day to day running and upkeep of the development giving the residents much more freedom and much less worry.
We use local contractors to carry out the services to which the management company are contractually obliged under the terms of the lease.
Each lessee receives itemised certified accounts with explanations on expenditure on a yearly basis for each individual development.
All managers of residential property charge a management fee; the fee covers the managers costs incurred in providing those services which the lease obliges them to provide. The fee is agreed with either the directors of the Management Company or developer.